Project: Celanese Demolition – Spondon, Derbyshire
A client had won a three-year demolition contract to demolish the former Celanese chemical factory in
Spondon, Derbyshire. They would require 40 operatives on site Monday – Saturday to complete the works over the allotted time frame. The client had the option of renting hotels/houses for their own direct labour which would add a considerable cost to the project.
They approached The Labour Desk for a solution.
The Labour Desk liaised with local jobcentres and training providers to select 30 candidates who then received training to obtain their CCDO cards to allow them to work on a demolition project.
This was implemented with no additional cost to the client.
Not only was there no additional cost, but there were also many positives as a result.
– It provided 30 jobs for out of work locals
– Reduced the Carbon Footprint the project made due to reduced travel
– It allowed the client to undertake more work
– Reduced journey times to work
– Created good publicity and improved the public’s opinion on the work
If you have a labour issue that might require some out of the box thinking then please do not hesitate to get in contact with The Labour Desk